View Single Post

JCF Member

DoubleGJ has disabled reputation

Jan 15, 2012, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
So I got to thinking about how this community is among one of the most close-knit on the internet. Think about this: we don't have any qualms with showing our pictures to complete strangers over the internet because for some demented reason we trust this spotty teenager from Romania who swears a lot. Why do I like this community so much? Why do I trust this community so much?
INTERNET

don't know about the others but I have like zero privacy and never get any second thought on posting my name or face anywhere on the web

Quote:
I don't know. You guys are just awesome. Really. For one thing I feel a lot of the time like I'm actually holding an intelligent conversation (despite the fact that this never happens). I feel more at home with a bunch of people who I've never met and possibly never will. I think a lot of us actually take each other even semi-seriously. What is it about this 14 year old game that connects us all? Whatever it is, I thank it.
This is nice and all and makes me smile quite a bit, but on the other hand I do hope you shall (or already do) feel at home and find people for an intelligent conversation in the 'real life' as well.

As for a few words from myself, I think I already said this before, though I have no idea when (I've been here for so many years nobody may remember anymore), this IS my favorite community, and I have a lot to owe it. Through this community and this game, I met two of my best friends, started drawing, making music, I bought a bass guitar, and it had its share in me meeting my girlfriend. I have many memories, I learned a lot of things, and even though it's become a lot less lively or crowded over the years, it still has this cozy feel.

I really want to repay how much it has given to me in my life, and eventually I will. So far it's all that try as I might, I always get slowed down or distracted by things, but sooner or later I wish to be someone who, one could say, helps this community keep going. Or maybe even growing. Sure, nowadays this probably sounds like nonsense, what with the aforementioned 8 posts per day, but I think there's still ways to keep this place in one piece for years to come.

Two Games Joined releases:
Control / Splinter (twin singles)
|| Ballistic Bunny (EP)
||
Beyond (maxi-single)
|| Beyond: Remixed (remix EP)
|| Inner Monsters OST (mini-album)
||
Shadows (album)