View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Mar 3, 2015, 12:35 PM
Jazz Jackrabbit confessions

This place has been really stagnant lately, so time for a new discussion! It's about your experiences and thoughts with the franchise that no one else would've expected.

1. I play Lori because I get a thrill out of beating others whom consider her the weakest character. But I never thought she was as bad as others would make her out to be, considering when you are forced to use uppercut to reach areas, the level is usually Spaz-biased 90% the time anyway.
I'm no biggest fan however, as I feel she is very underdeveloped as a character. Also the inconsistency of her sprites bothers me a lot, especially with her gun, height and ponytail. While I do think her kick is cool, having Jazzes jump is boring and caused compatibility issues with some levels. But I will admit I'm proud of maining Lori, because I probably prompted the plus team to make her more fun (working fur colours and being able to go on copters!) and it feels awesome to break peoples expectations in online play (barring streetfight and ground-force). Though I think most of the crappiness from her is caused by the budget and time-constraints of TSF.

2. When I was 5 years old, I cried because I couldn't reach the flying C with Jazz in castle1n but didn't want to morph to Spaz. I can reach it very easily now.

3. I was godawful at tests. I could barely even pass the simple copter ear and sidekick tests.

4 I was a terrible player when I was little, as I would stand and shoot a lot, but isn't that to be expected?

5. I didn't know about TSF until 2008 or '09.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ