View Single Post
Metsys

JCF Member

Metsys is doing well so far

Mar 3, 2015, 08:13 PM
1. Jazz Jackrabbit is what got me into composing music. I used to listen to MODs using Scream Tracker. I didn't realize you could actually compose music with it until I read that the music for Jazz was made using Scream Tracker. I absolutely adored the music in the game, and once I found out that I already had the tools sitting in my computer to do the same I started taking piano lessons and started learning music theory, hoping to get into the video game industry as a composer.

2. I could never beat Jazz 1 without cheating. The viewport is too small and you move too fast to see enemies quick enough to react. I always had to play on slomo mode. Oh, and I could never beat Orbitus without the hoverboard cheat, which kind of cemented my use of cheats throughout the game (although I understand now that it was a bug in the version of the game I had).

3. I think Jazz 2 is too easy for the same reason why Jazz 1 was too hard: the viewport.

4. When I was a kid I used to pretend I had Jazz in my backpack. Yay imaginary friends!

5. I didn't actually think the game was that fun (compared to other games like Descent), but I played it anyway just because I liked the music and the setting. If I had the music on a CD I would have played the game a lot less. There are a couple levels that I would skip because I hated the music. When I got the CD I was kind of shocked that a game with tracks such as Medivo and Letni could also produce Raneforus and Jungrock.

6. And yes, as with Treylina, I didn't know about TSF until about 2006 or so. I thought the difference in style with Lori was jarring too.

7. My favorite Jazz 1 level is Crysilis. The concept, the color, the pallete shifting, the clear crystals with the refraction effect! Bad. Ass. Music was pretty good too.

8. I've only played through Jazz 2 once.

9. I really want to do a character/world redesign of the Jazz Jackrabbit universe just for kicks and giggles. It would take time I don't have at the moment though, but I do want to flex my character design muscles. All that talk about Noogy vs. Nickadoo sparked that idea.