View Single Post
Metsys

JCF Member

Metsys is doing well so far

Mar 5, 2015, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
I won't lie, there are plenty of cringeworthy furries out there, though. People don't notice the many low-key ones because they don't care enough to show, or the persecution complex
I think a lot of that has to do with—at least in my estimation as a result of the primary and secondary research I've done for work—the lack of an organized subset of that fandom for the group you speak of. Case in point, there's no all-ages art site for that fandom (anymore). With no organization, that group of people flutter away to other communities, leaving the remainder to become more and more like a monoculture. I should point out that there are way, WAY more people outside than inside that fandom who think animal characters are totally awesome and love them to death. We just don't have a community or a word for them yet.

I should also point out that doing your research and actually talking with people has informed me immensely. I'll admit to a selection bias in my research methods, but the furries I've talked to and met are in actuality all super awesome and very well-adjusted human beings.

Which reminds me...

10. Did it bother anyone else besides me that in Jazz 3D, everyone else besides Jazz wore clothing? In a social context, running around Carrotus talking to villagers with the contrast of Jazz's state of undress made it look like he was streaking. I never had a problem with this in Jazz 1 and 2. I understand the odd-when-you-think-about-it difference between the way male and female animal characters are usually dressed in—lets say—Disney animation where it is acceptable for Chip and Dale to go pantless but not for Gadget. What's even more interesting is that I didn't get that vibe at all with Secret of NIMH where the reverse was true: Mrs. Brisby was wearing less than all the male rats. It's all about consistency I guess. Either Jazz needed to put on some britches too, or all the villagers needed to dress the same way as the protagonist. (Note that in Jazz 2 the merchant was an undressed rabbit. Again, consistency.)

Damn, I really want to do that redesign project now.