View Single Post

JCF Member

Slaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHARTSlaz is OFF DA CHART

Mar 22, 2015, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
Same here. Hopefully one day that'll stop being true. I posted my tileset previews as a form of getting prompts from others as motivation, but I don't get much feedback (and the only time it ever did was on a cancelled tileset that would be hell to fix).
I know you are a perfectionist by heart. Sometimes it might be better to 'move on' whenever you feel the urge that some tile or other aspect didn't came out the exact way you were striving for. Eventually, you'll improve along the way.

Take for example Blade. His tilesets reflect his skill development all the way from Aztec to Fortress of Forgotten Souls. Yet all of them are usable and have spawned some good levels. I'm thankful he released stuff without trying to be Agama first.

I hope to release a tileset this month, probably a mediocre yet usable one. I finished another one that's less usable, made for one specific level that's not done yet. Most tilesets are only used by the original author anyway.

Point is that I get to release these tilesets because I got to surpress my urge to try and perfect them with my limited drawing skills. But perhaps I'd better stop talking before anything is released. xD