View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Apr 22, 2006, 09:00 PM
Hello, everyone. I'm not ready to make any kind of release yet, but I'd like to clear up some misconceptions on what this patch is and also what it is not.

This version of JJ2, shamelessly called 1.foo (yeah, so sue me), will FULLY support resolutions up to 1024x768. It will also have partial support for resolutions up to 1280x1024. More info on specifically what I mean by that later on, when I feel like releasing it. The program will allow you to choose the high resolutions using the ingame menu, or the dropdown video menu if you're playing in a window. You'll even be able to change resolutions during a game with no problems at all. I MUST point out, however, that it takes an amazing computer to run the game at 1024x768, or even 800x600. I also must point out that, while high resolutions are extremely appealing on paper, the game is not without its flaws when run at a high resolution. Some sprites were not meant to be resized, and they will look pixelated. Some things, on the other hand (like textured backgrounds), look amazingly better. It's really a give-or-take thing. I still plan to release a single-player only version of the patch, but I don't have a set release date or anything. It's mind-numbingly difficult to work on this. In any case, I promise I'll have some concrete info and screenshots for you guys in the near future. Just bear with me for a little while - you can't rush perfection.