View Single Post
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Apr 6, 2002, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nadine
Well the idea is that there wouldn't be very many new frames of animation that I'd have to make. Say for example if I want to make Jazz playable in Hunter Hunted, it is already a side scrolling game, and Jazz already shoots enemies. Almost all of his original animations could be left intact, I would just add a few frames that he'd need, and while I'm a rookie animator, I'm a talented cartoon artist. As for copyright laws, I don't know. What about other models I've seen for Unreal Tournament or Quake 3? I've seen Sonic, Snoopy, Homer Simpson, Mr. Burns, Bender - I don't know if they had to deal with copyright laws, but those models are readily available for downloading.

And if copyright laws are a problem, I could always keep the characters to myself, though it would be more worth my hard work if I spread it around. And if someone did make a believable Jazz model for an online FPS, like I said, maybe someone would recognise him, or chat to you and ask "What a cool character. Who is that rabbit?"

But I still want to learn about it. I think it's quite an unrealistic challenge at this point.
Yep, as nobody can edit the sprites without the sourcecode - something which you NEED (notice the bold letters) to do such a thing. Not to mention seeing as how in most FPS's people swear at you for no reason I think they'd scoff at someone running around as a green bunny. Also, Epic is EXTREMELY testy about copyrights, and according to P3 Interactive Epic asked outrageuos prices if they were to use Jazz, considering Epic no longer supports any of their old games.