View Single Post
Another Jazz 2 fan

JCF Member

Another Jazz 2 fan has disabled reputation

Feb 28, 2002, 12:51 PM
While the community may never truly die, eventually the game will. Be realistic, a time will come when computer technology advances so much that it is no longer compatible with JJ2. (That will be a sad sad day). I already am looking for some way to play JJ1 on my Win XP system... there must be some way.

I will also be here. While I do not post as often as many people, and read few topics, I will be here. You must understand, I have less time on the internet these days and less time for Jazz. Back in the days of the Epic MMB I used to read every topic and post much more often. This became fewer on the JMMB, and now here I have a small number of posts. (Although this board doesn't count them, but it is positively below 50). Do not fear, though. I love Jazz and will be here to the end. No, wait, I will be here AFTER the end. That's right. Because this game is so great.

possible deaths of JJ2 :
-servers go down forever
-computers aren't compatible
-J2O (and with it JCF) goes down (for one of many reasons, possibly financial or disinterest of those responsible for these sights)
-everyone in the community loses interest

We all know that the last on is not likely at all to occur, but a game without a future (no JJ3 and epic doesn't give a censored word about JJ2 or patches) will not live forever. We must take into accout all of these possibilities.

Enough pessimism, though. Jazz 2 will live on as long as any of us are alive, even if it is in our fonder memories of bygone happy days.

The game is nowhere near death, and the community bonds are currently very strong. Although, has anyone realized how important a message board is to us? I realized this when I had some problems posting on the other computer (fixed now - due to a firewall program). Yes, this board, and J2O, are our lifelines. They are the boat that the community rides on. Without them we will drown.

Enough rambling... JAZZ LIVES!!!

Another Jazz 2 fan
Jason Jackrabbit LP

Proud to be an old-timer! Rarely active, but Jazz Jackrabbit will always be in my heart.

Check out my War Tavern story, The Life of Jason Jackrabbit! [UPDATE - yeah, it died in 2002, but it was fun!]
Current Projects: Devan's Secret Weapon - yes, I still intend to release this some day. Got a lot of really great stuff done, it's going to be awesome!