View Single Post
LOLZ84

JCF Member

LOLZ84 is doing well so far

Jun 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
This is what I have to say about this:

I do NOT promote software piracy in anyway or form. But it is not like you are going to download a full version and get arrested by the police and end up having to pay a fine or lose 10 years of your lifetime. I mean, seriously. The only way you would get something like that if you copied the game and gave it to other people without permission of the company. (Otherwise: "distributing the game") You aren't gonna get arrested if you just download it and nothing else, and not copy or distribute it. However, if you DO copy and distribute it, then your going get arrested. Companies tend to sue sites more than people. It's just too difficult because there are so many people out there.

Again, I do NOT endorse software piracy, But it is still illegal to distribute full version games. Even if it is considered "abandonware", you can still get arrested for distributing it. You will not get arrested if you only download the game and do nothing else at ALL. But you WILL if you distribute the game online.

END OF TRANSMISSION

Last edited by LOLZ84; Jul 1, 2008 at 10:00 AM.