View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

May 12, 2015, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
As long if Epic says nothing or doesn't give us the permission for it. We cannot do anything.. except wait for 60 more years. Then the copyright expires.
I'm pretty sure it expires after more than 60 years after author's death. That's heck a lot of time, maybe our grandchildren will take the copyright and make a Jazz Jackrabbit game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
"B-but it's the law!" The whole "point" against piracy is that the company loses money. But with a game being out of print, they won't be gaining money either way. It's Epic's responsibility to redistribute it and game distribution is easier than ever nowadays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo4900 View Post
I'm sure they'll release it eventually. Especially with retro games being more and more in as time goes on.

Although, that is what I thought before the 20th anniversary of the first game last year, so it might still be a while off. :L

I have doubts about Epic not releasing JJ and JJ2 for free already. If they know that it can't make money anymore, what's the point of not releasing it? Same thing to the source. But yeah, all we can do is to wait and see what happens :l

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz