View Single Post
FireSworD

JCF Member

FireSworD is an asset to this forumFireSworD is an asset to this forum

Jan 24, 2015, 04:21 AM
Best Battle Level of 2014: Pool Party by SJ.

This wasn't an easy choice, and my personal favorite was Ancient Acropolis. I voted for what I think is the stronger entry in terms of suitable gameplay, and it's also quite creative with its scripted concepts, including "drowning" in water etc. Ancient Acropolis is better with ec in my opinion, but I don't find its layout to be very solid, because some aspects require rather awkward jumps and some spring placement is questionable, and I prefer more versatile layout designs anyway (E. Prime for example). I think Kolmas Valtakunta is a solid battle level, but nothing about it struck me as exceptional to the other levels. Warpspacer, Inside the Warehouse Reloaded and Verdoemenis are just decent imo. I'd like to play Acht with around 32 players, but would I vote it best because I really like large games that likely happen once every...year? - Lastly, there's Decimation, with its scripted weapons and health etc, but it's quite buggy and laggy for relatively large games.

I don't have strong opinions on the other categories. A lot of the levels are around the same level imo. Uh, I will acknowledge Loon for being rather prolific, but I'm not voting in the best JCSer category.

Last edited by FireSworD; Jun 30, 2015 at 02:31 AM.