View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Violet CLM has disabled reputation

Aug 4, 2001, 06:08 PM
Cosair wandered up a path, slightly dazed. Why had the warp brought him here, and then vanished? He knew there was no use thinking about it, but it was (whatever he is) nature. He would have to stop and rest soon, as dropping exhausted by the roadside was not his idea of fun. Naturally, the path soon wound between a lot of thorns, with no buildings or places to stop and rest.

Kon-tar landed on Industrius in a stormy mood. First the sparks and electric walls attacked Cosair for no reason, then his huge mansion crashed onto Industrius, destroying itself and his loyal minions inside it. With his luck, it probably crashed on his factory. Or his house. Or....

Kon-tar looked, startled, as the entire regular spaceport burst into flames. This hadn't been one of the spots where he had predicted it might land, but he didn't mind. Not at all a bad place, actually. The Jackrabbit's wouldn't be able to go to Tubelectric now. In fact, he might never see them again, if they had been in the spaceport at the time. And the odds were not that bad they had been, fixing his damage or something. Yep, not much could go wrong now.

(A few minutes earlier)

Jazz looked at Spaz. "No, Spaz, it didn't. I have to wonder who did this. Either it was someone trying to wreck us, or someone who is very, very careless."

"My bet goes towards the careless."

"Yeah, mine too."

At this point, Lori withdrew her gaze from the explosion. "How can you two be so calm? A large, flaming mansion type building is sitting on top of the spaceport and generally wrecking everything!"

"Hey!" said Spaz. "That's my line."

"But our ship, it's destroyed! And we had just fixed it up, too!"

"Lori, this sort of thing has happened quite often to us. Why else would the Jazz 1.24 have such a large version number? Because all the previous models were totally destroyed, of course."

"But how will we get home? Get to Tubelectric?"

"Well, we may not have to go to Tubelectric if Cosair is here. We're only supposed to deliver the scroll to him, after all. Besides, maybe we can use Cosair's ship and send him a new one from home."

"Why didn't I think of that? Should we look out for Kon-tar as well, though?"

"Probably not. Bumping into him or whatever would probably be just looking for trouble, after all. He's probably not even in the area, anyway."

Kon-tar walked fowards a little, for a better look at the wreckage and fire, and crashed into three rabbits.

--------------------------------------------------

I don't think I'm in the mood at the moment.