View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 21, 2015, 07:54 AM
Yeah, that makes sense. But actually I couldn't express my opinion properly. Yes, 640x480 does support but having 1920x1080 resolution should give sharp images. And in order to remove the pixelated screen, of course there should be some image render plugin option [Like hq4x, just an example].

So about widescreen, if settings in level can make it happen, its almost impossible cause we then need to set up widescreen for every single map [And now there exists many maps, we can't just make every single of it work] So, if there's no way to make it widescreen globally, its useless.

No, the plus FPS limit is 140 and its really creating screen tearing, shakings in window mode/ and in fullscreen mode in Windows 8. The original JJ2 was capped to 70 FPS and it actually ran better in window mode. So, having an option to set FPS limit manually [or atleast some preset FPS limit to choose from, like 30/ 60/ 70/ 75/ 120/ 140] is a must. I use windows 7, so I dont have this issue [As playing in Full screen fix it]. But its a mess in windows 8.

Also, in some PCs, starting the game in fullscreen causes an error. Which only happens with Plus version. The original JJ2 [All versions; 1.23 1.24 and whatever there is] works fine & and no crashes occurs. But with Plus version, I frequently get this thing:

And then only way to fix it is to try this thing over a dozen times and finally the game starts. Or by opening non- plus jj2 and close it in window mode and then start JJ2+