View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Jan 21, 2015, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMI View Post
Yeah, that makes sense. But actually I couldn't express my opinion properly. Yes, 640x480 does support but having 1920x1080 resolution should give sharp images. And in order to remove the pixelated screen, of course there should be some image render plugin option [Like hq4x, just an example].

So about widescreen, if settings in level can make it happen, its almost impossible cause we then need to set up widescreen for every single map [And now there exists many maps, we can't just make every single of it work] So, if there's no way to make it widescreen globally, its useless.

Also, in some PCs, starting the game in fullscreen causes an error. Which only happens with Plus version. The original JJ2 [All versions; 1.23 1.24 and whatever there is] works fine & and no crashes occurs. But with Plus version, I frequently get this thing:

And then only way to fix it is to try this thing over a dozen times and finally the game starts. Or by opening non- plus jj2 and close it in window mode and then start JJ2+
Whenever I play fullscreen in JJ2, it becomes widened. I'm too lazy to figure out how to stop it from stretching. It looks awful. Even though there's anti-alias, it still looks bad, like someone smeared and pulled the vision. I'm not sure if it'll ever look good in large/widescreen, since the sprites were never made with a big resolution in mind. I did check hq4x too, but I'm not sure if I like it. The outlines become so blobby and sometimes shaky.

However, what would be nice is having a black space for chat and stats. Before anyone suggests bigjazz, no I won't use that load of buggy 1.23 only crap.

About the fullscreen bug, it's not in some PCs, it's a plus issue. It's been mentioned many times. You can work around it easily, though. Here's how to work around this error;

1. Right click the Jazz2 icon, then click properties.
2. Then click shortcut on the top.
3. Then to the right of "Target;" (it will show the directory of Jazz2), add -menu
4. Now click apply at the bottom. Open Jazz2. It'll skip the intro stuff, but that error won't appear anymore. Infact I prefer it that way, since it skips the stuff you've already seen a million times.

SE told me it got fixed in 5.0, though (which isn't out for the public yet, and no we don't have a release date for it).

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ