View Single Post
Magma Dragoon

JCF Member

Magma Dragoon has disabled reputation

Mar 2, 2018, 05:35 AM
The adoption was a success, I'm the new admin and bureaucrat of the wiki and am already working to fix all stuff pointed here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke11685
I never saw before(in jazz jackrabbit comic books drawn by Nick Stadler)these two artworks of Eva Earlong(not third one from Jazz Jackrabbit 2 credits)one random pose of princess Eva Earlong and cartoon carrot juice with illustration that she's missing
http://jazzjackrabbit.wikia.com/wiki...arlong#Gallery it's really awesome.
Those are from the manuals, I got scans from a user on Hardcore Gaming 101.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stijn
Well, ironically the best source at this point would probably be the J2O wiki, and to a lesser extent various interviews and forum threads here, hence my reservations. There are no "official" sources any more (not that there ever were many), apart from an unrewarding, partly archived version of jazzjackrabbit.com on The Internet Archive, and maybe some Epic MegaNews archives you may be able to find elsewhere.

Since you say you're adopting the Jazz2 Wikia, can I ask you to change its background? It was taken from Jazz2Online without permission, and can give the impression that it's affiliated with us, which it isn't.
Well that's a bummer, but I'll be sure to scavenge those you mentioned.

I've already removed the background, I knew it was stolen from here anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ementaler
These seem contradictory since the existing wiki is little besides plagiarism.

Even just the front page contains a Did You Know section that consists mostly if not solely of verbatim text from the J2O Did You Know box at the bottom of its front page. See here for a captured list of J2O Did You Know facts from some point in time.

Having clicked the random page link a few times I got (without omitting any results besides duplicates):

* BIG LIST OF STUFF

I hold a firm belief that the Wikia wiki was originally started with the intent to copy all J2O wiki content (including the background, as noted by Stijn). Presumably eventually some unaware editors joined and started adding original content.

This is not an attack aimed against you, or Wikia per se, but do keep in mind that if you wish to have a plagiarism-free wiki, you will have to purge most of the articles currently on there, leaving you with, if the sample above is of any indication, maybe 20 articles with any content in total. It's only slightly short of creating a wiki from scratch.

That said, I imagine it's better to have someone who appears relatively responsible in charge of it than the 10-year-old kid who I believe originally founded it, so good luck to you.
* So I'm guessing all the planet pages (http://jazzjackrabbit.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Levels) were plagiarized?
* The GBA game page was originally empty, I'm currently working on it.
* Not sure where the name "Chuck" come from, though, the manual calls him Hip Hop.
* From my experience most smaller wikis start by plagiarizing stuff from someplace, and to be honest I was expecting this was the case here.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far. Since now I have admin rights I'll be able to purge the pages, and I guess I have enough material to work with (I got manual scans from both PC games and the sprite rips on Spriter's Resource).