View Single Post

JCF Member

Black Ninja is an asset to this forumBlack Ninja is an asset to this forum

Aug 2, 2004, 05:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Jazz Jackrabbit. I'm seriously almost in tears here ;p

I have decided to break away from tradition and post something serious. If something sounds stupid, don't laugh at me for it. I am going to explain how I got into this game and, no matter how I try, cannot leave.

When we got our second computer, in September of 1995, a CD of game demos was included. Among them was Jazz Jackrabbit. Never before had I played a sidescrolling game, so Jazz was extremely amazing to me. I wanted to buy the full version right away, but it was at that point too close to Christmas, so my parents had me wait. On Christmas day of 1995, I got a wonderful gift. The CD version of Jazz Jackrabbit! IWASSOHAPPY. A while later (in 1997, I believe), our family got hooked up to the internet. I've forgotten at this point on what date the JJ2 demo came out, but I went happily to www.jazzjackrabbit.com every single day to check for it. When at last it came out, I was dismayed that it was a huge file (for the time). So, I had my first all-night download. After playing it through on hard mode with each characters, I preordered the game. When I got it, I began playing online as Tillamook. Yes, that is my favorite kind of cheese - Tillamook sharp cheddar. Mmm. Anyway, later I started drawing comics in my spare time. The hero was Black Ninja. I thought having a brand of cheese for my name was cheesy (pun intended), so I changed my name and the rest is history.

I BET NO ONE WILL READ ALL THAT. To sum it up: I've been here for far too long, but I am proud of it. Hoo Hah!