View Single Post

Banned

Odin is doing well so far

Apr 28, 2004, 05:58 PM
I am not an overrater, i'm nice. I gave that tileset an 8.2, or something like that, 'cause I thought, 'This guy is new, and this is better then all the other stuff i've seen by n00bs, so i'll rate nicely.' I did not mean to overrate.

The rating system is very hard to control because everyone has different opinions. For example, let's say Person A uploads a battle that uses the jj1 Tubelectric set. Person B might love the set as well as the battle level, so he'll rate high. Person C hates tubelectric more then anyother tileset, and in his opinion, the battle level is sux, so he'll rate low.

It is also hard to control because everyone has different rating systems. For instance, I always give a few points to be mixed and churned to boost the rating if the creator is new. Violet CLM doesn't. Danyjel rates using percentages. I rate using an averaging system.

Finally, it's impossible to control 'Popularity Impulses'. An example of a popularity impulse is when Disguise makes a mod file, he'll most likely get 8s, 9s, and 10s. But if a n00b hands in the SAME EXACT mod file, the n00b will get 5s, 6s, and 7s.

I est my case, as well as my face. So shut up the place.

-ThO (Hee hee!)