Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
TaZaR

JCF Member

TaZaR is doing well so far

Dec 27, 2005, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feline
I'm wondering if a port of the sprite viewing into VB would be possible... Looks like I need to know what a lot of the functions used do...
You mean, a sprite viewer for Jazz? That program could be awesome, I could rip the missing JJ sprites with it, without the background troubles.
I wish I could know c-language more, so I could code that, because the source already has that sprite viewing stuffs in the levels, if I'm not mistaken...
EDIT: Sorry, I've been misunderstood you, but a sprite viewer program still would be cool.
Quote:
Well, I'm glad to see such a support group for this project.
Hmm, what about retexturing the 3d levels, or change the 2d sprites into 3D models? (like guys did with Duke3d, Doom 1-2, Wolfenstein, etc.) Or even a two player bonus level mod, or making race levels with the bonus level engine? That won't be hard, just an exit & some object which ones will speed you up or slow you down, or just make stop.
I'm know it's brave to say big ideas like this, in that much early stage, just I felt good to dreaming things like this.
By the way nice addition for the game would be the 2xScale effect (I think it's open source) for the 2d levels with on/off switch (some people like it, some people don't) in the future.
Aw, I'm full of ideas, so I have big hopes in that project.

http://projectx.fateback.com/