Thread: OpenJazz
View Single Post
bkev

JCF Member

bkev is doing well so far

Mar 26, 2007, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister View Post
I do... but again, it's on my Linux partition. And I don't really trust the way Linux does linking. It seems to link executables to very specific versions of shared libraries, making them inappropriate for distribution. But maybe someone can correct me on this.

I don't set the quality. That's determined by the original sound files and whatever libmodplug does with them. Bear in mind that the music was created for a 1994 PC game.

What have you got against zombies?

OpenJazz can go up to the maximum resolution supported by your computer. I've played in 1600x1200, a whopping 30 times the visible area of the original game. This is a feature. In fact, it's the only feature that's an improvement over the original. Whether or not you use it is entirely up to you.

Sorry, but I don't see this happening any time soon. I'm focussing on playability at the moment.
By high-quality music, I mean when you go through the sound setup in the original game. When I play using VDMSoud (which emulates old sound cards, worth a look for fellow XP users) the music is clearer than OJ.

EXAMPLE:

Nothing against zombies , just pointing it out

And I was giving you props on the resolution changer actually; should've put it a different way. It's quite fun to see how screwed up it is at even 640x480.