View Single Post

JCF Member

Joseph Collins is doing well so far

Mar 12, 2005, 11:08 PM
I was going to make a new topic to vent in, but this one seems like a good enough topic for me. Saves me the trouble of making a new topic.

I, for one, fail to see why people would want to play Jazz Jackrabbit 2 anymore. In my experience, the community -- the ones that still play, I mean -- have turned into snobbish, elitest morons who only know how to laugh at you if you can't keep up with them. True, this happens to all the popular games at some point or another, especially with the rampant pirating that tends to go on every now and then. And yet. . .it never fails to amaze me when I see such things. Why? Maybe because I keep thinking to myself, "Oh, given time, these people will mature. They'll grow out of it." And some actually do. But for those that don't, they're followed by other, new people who decide "Okay, I'm anonymus online. No one knows who I am. Time to act like a jerk and get away with it! Yeehaw!"(See also "John Gabriel's Greater Internet ****wad Theory")

Edit: Oh, and the levels. What the Hell is up with these idiotic levels that have no flow to them whatsoever? I can understand Clan Levels to a degree, sure. To a lesser degree, I can even understand those stupid "trick" levels people make(Wind Meister comes to might right quickly). But. . .I refuse to play levels that are single-character centric in Multiplayer mode or levels that are poorly constructed, such as these couple Capture levels up on a couple servers as I type this.
One level has a tremendous amount of badly-placed platforms which require either a lot of well-timed Double Jumps from Spaz(not an easy task when you're running with the opponent's flag back to your base) or a number of concentrated Super Uppercuts from Jazz(which takes quite a while to do). This level also has Freeze Hourglasses in front of either forification, which is quite annoying when you're trying to return the other flag and you end up not moving fast enough to do so.
And the other level is better designed, but unfortunately, it has no Blue flag in it! That's right. Only one flag. Whee.

Yes, if it's not the people being jerks, it's the levels being sub-par and poorly-flowing.

So, in answer to the question, however. . . Give me a good reason to come back to the online community I once actually tried to tread upon, and I'll think about it.

Last edited by Joseph Collins; Mar 13, 2005 at 12:12 AM.