View Single Post
Turtleslayer

JCF Member

Turtleslayer is doing well so far

Jul 22, 2003, 03:27 PM
I would prefer that they be counted as 2v2s as Bobby suggests.

As regards the dilution of the meaning of the word "duel," I personally don't consider 2v2s duels and if 3v3s were scored the same way under JDC I wouldn't consider them duels, either. While 2v2s are scored as duels under JDC, they do not appear on duel pages but rather have their own designated section. They are also distinct from duels in that they do not affect your avg. opponent quality nor your personal quality, as Bob has noted. I don't think that the meaning that's wrapped up in the idea of a duel would be affected by changing the scoring of 3v3s, nor do I think that it would be a substantial reason to not change the scoring in any case.

People can always continue to have 4v4s; personally, I'd like the system to be changes for 3v3s with the understanding it would not later be changed for 4v4s. 4v4s are harder enough to organize than 3v3s that I don't think they'd be played excessively. I don't believe they're so much harder to organize as to merit leaving 3v3s as they are in order to protect spontaneous events, however...Those who wish to play more events without the risk of losing points can play 4v4s, which are difficult enough to put together to prevent any abuse of the system, I think.

I'd also like to note that the vote count should be 13-12 in favor of counting 3v3s as duels since Trafton accidentally misvoted.