Thread: Hey coders!
View Single Post
Toni_

JCF Member

Toni_ is doing well so far

Nov 14, 2011, 02:17 PM
Hey coders!

From what I saw while being active in this game, I can be sure that there are a lot of great coders. Most of you use different language as a main language, but most of you know the other coding languages. I was thinking for a while, why are you all making such as programs for JJ2, editing it's bugs etc. And then I came to the answer. It's probably because you like this game, and because you wanna get your coding skills better. It's nice, to be honest.

As far as I know, there are some known programmers: Grytolle, Shelly, Violet, DJazzy, blur, NerD, Sfaizst, zapS, GLaDOS, wKtK and some more what I forgot... Not sure about their activity in JJ2, but this is not about JJ2.

I was thinking for a while about new games. And then I came up with an idea. A great idea. It's realistic. Why don't you guys make a group, online group, and try to make a game. Most of people who make tilesets here are good with drawing, for example Sir Ementaler, Violet (yes, again), Obi1mcd, Gus, Disguise etc. You just need to get an idea, what game could you try to make, it's possibilities, gameplay, graphics, 2D/3D... You just need a good organization, and will. Not going to say free time, because you all code in free time and you probably have it.
- Organizer can be someone who is respectable person, has a good knowledge of leading something, experienced, in one or another way etc. I'm not going to suggest me, because I don't see me in this.
- You all have some projects going on atm. You can finish them, or leave them, or progressing them at the same time as this project, and after finishing them, you can be 100% in this project. The only thing is that you WANT to make something.

This will be similar like LMAT, but first I need your confirmation on do you want to be in this project. Second, if you get in this project, you must be loyal! Don't leave it after some time. Third, when you confirm, and if you confirm, we, everyone, can start making a plan of a new game, telling some wishes, tips, etc.

If you don't want to be in this project, it's okay. I just thought that this could be more useful than making other projects what probably wouldn't be published and be popular. We all can make a great marketing in our countries about this game, and it can be more popular than JJ2 (NOT SAYING THAT JJ2 SHOULD DIE OR ANYTHING SIMILAR. I LUV JJ2).

So, we start from nothing. Waiting for your confirmation, here.

- Coders - will code the game
- Painters - will draw
- Organizer - will be a captain
- Anyone experienced in playing games - thinks of gameplay, it's mode, it's structure...
- Supervisors - will make this game popular

NOTE: Anyone can be in this project. It's public for now, until an organizer comes and possibly changes it.

*if you dislike this idea, tell what should be changed, and why is it bad*
*you/we all can gain some money, but tbh it's not about money, it's about fun*