View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Dec 20, 2014, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzGruff View Post
Hey guys!

I can't believe we're still arguing about whether or not 2d is better than 3d and vice versa. There are good reasons why there are so many game franchises that switched from 2d to 3d and failed, and it isn't the 3d part.

It's just that there are still people that think 2d is better simply because it started out that way and it did it well that first time, but the reality is that some people just aren't exactly open for changes, especially big ones, like changing gameplay from a 2d platformer to a 3d one. Heck, there are lots game franchises that switched to 3d and actually became even more successful than ever.
I actually don't have much of an opinion on JJ3. I felt like it was too much at an unfinished state to say anything.

If you really want to hear me have an opinion though; His running appears to be too slow, compared to the predecessors. I also greatly dislike the jump mechanics, which are really floaty and you don't have much control over changing the momentum and height. But then again, it feels like they were never actually complete, so it feels unfair to review it.

Also, "twatter"

I guess I have a soft spot for 2D games, though.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ