View Single Post

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Jan 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
Thumbs up Promote Underappreciated Uploads Here!

Okay, so I had a bit of a rethink on my Top 10 Neglected Threads thread, and I've revised the whole can of worms.

Due to the number of people who didn't have the time to sit down and scrounge through the musty old cellars of J2O for 10 whole overlooked uploads, I've changed the rules so that you can post as many or as few things here as you like. Hopefully that will work better.

The point I'm getting at is that this is a re-created "Top Ten Neglected Levels" thread. Just like the other one, you can post a link and/or describe a level on J2O that you feel has gone without due praise or recognition. Everybody feels disappointed at one time or another that their stuff hasn't fully been appreciated, so this thread will attempt to rectify that.

Simply post a link here to any upload on J2O you feel has been missed (i.e., uploads with poorly written reviews, uploads with only a handful of reviews or no reviews at all, uploads with an inappropriate rating, etc.), and people can download said upload from J2O and right the wrong.

Furthermore, Violet CLM has agreed (Happily, as he says) to add levels advertised here to the Review Ideas list on J2O, where'll they'll be even MORE visible. (This comment has been sponsored by Violet CLM)

What, you may ask, makes this thread different from the Review Exchange thread? Simple. On the Review Exchange, you submit one of your own levels to be reviewed, and in exchange you review someone else's. In this thread, you submit one (or more) of someone else's levels, and you don't have to commit to reviewing anything. Pure spotlighting. That's all this thread is meant to be.

Administrators, this may or may not be asking a lot, but I'd really appreciate it if this could become a Sticky.

Now, there are a few rules that people will need to follow.

Rule Number One. THE UNBREAKABLE RULE. "Don't post anything here maliciously."

The aim of this list is to promote POSITIVE results, not tear people down even further. No hurtful or vengeful submissions to this thread. If I happen to catch someone breaking this rule, they will be reported to an administrator. Please use good judgment when posting on here.

Rule Number Two. "No personal submissions of any kind."

The last thing I want this thread to become is an ego party. If you truly want your upload to be noticed, either PM another JCF member and ask them to advertise your upload here, or else submit it to the Top 10 Neglected Threads thread, which DOES allow you to cite your own uploads. I want THIS thread to be as free of personal promotion as possible.

Just to clarify, by "No Personal Submissions", I mean YOUR uploads, specifically. If someone else creates a level with, say, your custom tileset or music or whatever, that's perfectly acceptable.

Rule Number Three. "Follow J2O's Upload Rules."

Read them Here.

If it's not street legal on J2O, it's not street legal here. Once again, I urge administrators to take prompt action against offenders.

I think that's about everything. Beyond that, it's your call, so post away and have fun!

REMEMBER THE LITTLE GUY!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a tally of what's been suggested thus far.

Nature's Plot of Land by Ragnarok (Posted by PT32)
The Citadel Tests by Ron97 (Posted by Just a Random User)
After Apocalypse by Jgke (Posted by Just a Random User)
Visceral Tower by djazz (Posted by Just a Random User)
Vanilla Shores by Fawful (Posted by PT32)
Carrotus Lake by King487 (Posted by Ragnarok)
Shrunken Jazz by Dropmat (Posted by Violet CLM)
Matboard by Dropmat (Posted by Violet CLM)
Subsurfacia by Dropmat (Posted by Violet CLM)
InterDimensional Khaos by plunK (Posted by PT32)
Lost Flag by ALEX4u (Posted by PT32)
Voltage Cable Malfunction by Fawful (Posted by PT32)
Sub-Terrestrial by PurpleJazz (Posted by PT32)
The Temple of Twilight by Quickz/Chiyu (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Cave of Dreams by Jgke (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Fylke by djazz (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Radioactive Mushrooms by TP2001 (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Event Counter by shellyJay (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Balloon Races by Chiyu (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Jazz Unleashed by BlurredD (Posted by Sir Ementaler)
Golden Summers by Robee (Posted by PT32)
Hallows Eve by Fawful (Posted by PT32)
Lost Onyx by CrimiClown (Posted by PT32)
Wicked Wood by Fawful (Posted by PT32)

Last edited by PT32; Apr 28, 2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: List added! And modified!