View Single Post
Festive_meadmoonlight Festive_meadmoonlight's Avatar

JCF Member

Festive_meadmoonlight has disabled reputation

Mar 21, 2018, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magma Dragoon View Post
But then again, after freaking Bubsy got revived of all things I don't doubt it is possible.
Yes; I was thinking about that; Sonic Mania as well:
What is amazing is that Jazz 2 continues on as an incredibly forward thinking and reconfigurable game/audiovisual art! Jazz 2 may be one of the most future-proofed games of all time; perhaps thanks to Epic having learned from ZZT!!

It is possible that what they have learned from porting Fortnite would help them create a 3D multiplayer for a potential new version of Jazz? I feel like they might be looking to a main game with 2D levels, with 3D gameplay to travel between planets, and 3D multiplayer! There could be level creation options for each of those!

They may even be waiting to make a new Jazz that would include some Unreal Engine VR components, rather than appear to be late to the 90s creative animal platformer revival! Perhaps the VR could be optional and would otherwise be seen in 3D graphics; which might be many years away for the technology to really be at the proper baseline, but far fewer than one might think!

Consider experiencing a CTF or even Treasure Hunt match in VR, roaming through a world created by one or many people from here; or placing on whatever the relevant vision device would be at the time, to travel to the next level's planet in what would feel like 4D!