View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Jan 23, 2015, 12:25 AM
Again if possible to create Hi res sprites, there's still another thing that will actually block it. As long as theres still colour limit, drawing hi res sprites is pointless. Cause its just a clear model with low terrible colour shading. Only eight different colours are used to shade the sprites. And a decent HD would require more than it. Like atleast 500 different shades.
But its true, it will be pointless to draw HD sprites after all. Maybe a new JJ2 will already released before finishing drawing HD sprites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treylina View Post
To combat the save and run issue, I renamed jazz2.exe to something like jazz2-.exe and Jazz2+.exe to jazz2.exe.
Ah, I've asked another dumb question after all. I could try it out before asking. Sorry about that. Thanks for the fix, appreciate it a lot.

Btw, for those who still didn't understand about what I meant by RGB lighting. Let me give you an example:
I picked up an random game that uses this method, for example FIFA 10. Now what I did is change its jersey wrinkle lighting. For a quick example I just changed my signature to this type below:

Now I've put this in the game and look what it does:

And if the light falls from any other direction, this happens:

So as you can see, even its just a 2D texture, lights will fall on it in such a way that it will almost [Not fully, but similar to] be like that its a 3D object. Lighting frequently reacts to changing of position of light rays falling on it. If this thing can be implement in JJ2, its possible to make it real HD.

Last edited by SAMI; Jan 23, 2015 at 01:31 AM.