View Single Post

JCF Member

blurredd is an asset to this forumblurredd is an asset to this forum

Dec 4, 2004, 01:03 PM
Assault the Base Contest [Updated]

Assault the Base Contest

This is an Assault contest in case you were wondering. In another attempt to make a contest that works, I decided to do what I did with my first contest and use a monetary prize. But the prize will be different from what any other JJ2 contest has done before.

Prize: Starting from zero, the prize amount will be raised by $20 (USD) for every entry. So if 20 entries are submitted, the prize will be $400. The prize money will most likely be sent via PayPal or Bitcoin.
Current Prize: $80 (4 submissions)

Deadline: Either one week after 10 entries have been submitted, or immediately after 30 entries have been submitted, whichever comes first, however long it takes.

Rules:

Submissions
  • You cannot submit anything you have uploaded to J2O prior to the start of this contest. However, you are allowed to upload it to J2O once your submission has been accepted.
  • You can submit as many levels as you want, but only one will count as your official entry. In other words, you wouldn't be able to single-handedly submit enough entries to end the contest early with the maximum prize money.
  • Your level may be either 1.23 or TSF. Scripted/Plus-only levels are also allowed.
  • You may work with one other person if you want, but naturally you would have to split the prize money.
  • You may use email (blurredd(at)gmail.com) or this thread to send your submission. I'll send a short reply when I have received your entry via email.

Level Design
  • You may choose to make either a Double Assault level or a One-Sided Assault level.
  • You must use at least 5 crates or 5 objectives. An example of an objective would be destroying a wall of destruct scenery to get to the next area. If you choose to use objectives, I recommend documenting each objective somewhere (it would make my job easier).
  • Your entry must at the very least look like some effort was put into it. I'll accept any entry as long as it doesn't look like it took less than 5 minutes to make. See Syntax's Assault3 level for an example.

Keep in mind that the easier the level is to learn, the more likely people will want to play in it, and the better chance the level will have of winning. If you aren't sure about something, ask first. As of now I will be the only judge, but I promise to be as fair as possible. And if you make an Assault level for Black Ninja's Foo Products Assault Level Competition, you may submit it to this contest as well (assuming Black Ninja doesn't mind and all of the requirements for my contest are met).

EDIT:
  • TSF levels are now allowed.
  • Scripted/Plus-only levels are now allowed.
  • I updated how I can be contacted, which is now either by my Gmail address or this thread. IRC is no longer a viable method to contact me (since nearly 10 years).
  • I removed the request to make two versions of One-Sided Assault levels; JJ2+ can cover swapping teams for all players.
  • The prize amount increment per entry has been increased from $3 to $20 (USD).
  • The contest now ends when there is either 30 entries or one week after 10 entries, whichever comes first.
  • The prize money will now most likely be sent via PayPal or Bitcoin instead of money order. Because it's 2016.
  • You can submit as many levels as you want, but only one will count as your official entry. In other words, you wouldn't be able to single-handedly submit enough entries to end the contest early with the maximum prize money.

ATB Contest. Scripting Language.
Gameplay Theories.
1UP. Pitfall. Desolation.
SC2.

Last edited by blurredd; Nov 4, 2016 at 01:27 AM. Reason: Updated rules: Unlimited submissions; I've embraced madness.