View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Feb 17, 2012, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plunK View Post
So I am officially free from exams! I might actually look into JJ3 code more now that Im not busy all-day long.

Have you done any work with the code for the surfboard thing or any of the dream cells yet?

Also, I would be more than willing to do playtesting/bugfinding if needed before you release the next patch. It is University spring break so Ive got a deal of free time at hand.
Awesome!

I haven't looked into the hoverboard that much, but from what I can tell, I think I broke the controls for it, since it uses the character's code as the base. So Left and Right strafing buttons will actually make jazz (On the board) sort of spin around.

I'll look into it more later on, but i believe it will need far more work, like extra animations and such. I think creating an actual vehicle (Without visible jazz) would actually be kind of easier and more plausible at the moment. Since there is a primitive vehicle model in the code, making something like the basic hovering vehicles in the UT games should be relatively easy.

Also, I am completely recreating the village map at the moment, though more like technically. I think I made some errors when I didn't know about Unrealed as much as I do now, so every time I compile it, there's a ton of BSP holes all over the place. I now have to copy all of the shapes and rebuild the map piece by piece. Though I'll try to improve it as well!

Anyway, do you happen to use Skype or MSN?