View Single Post
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Jul 1, 2001, 08:29 PM
I'll be taking joiners soon. It's a bit too early into the story. Just be patient. And now, Chapter 2...

CHAPTER 2

'Eva! Get the kids into the ship! I'll try to buy you some time!' King Jazz Jackrabbit ushered his family into a royal shuttle and headed for his trophy room. From under a dusty old cabinet he removed an old, worn blaster case. Carefully removing the sturdy, blue blaster inside it, he removed his crown and cloak, before strapping on a red headband and wristbands.

'Okay, I know you haven't seen too much action lately,' he spoke to his weapon, 'but I just hope that you're still loaded.' With that, he rushed off to the royal barracks to assemble an army.

'Forward!' Devan stood upon his floating battle barge as he moved from the outer reaches of the city into its depths. 'Foot-soldiers, attack!' Large cybernetically enhanced turtles armed to the teeth with futuristic weapons laid siege to the unarmed rabbits fleeing their homes. Devan cackled with manioc laughter as his hover tanks rammed through a large building.

'Status report, Ensign Inswax.'

'D-Cannon fully charged. Fire when ready sir.' The young but eager turtle officer waited for further instructions.

'Fine then, officer. See that rabbit army heading this way? I want it vapourised.'

'Yes sir, but from this range we'll only be able to take out a small portion of it. I suggest the commanding officer...'

'Ah yes, Inswax. King Jazz, hero of Carrotus. The mighty warrior. He hasn't seen action for so long he probably can't lift his blaster. Fire at will.'

'Man, I need to get in shape. It's a little difficult to hold this blaster. Oh, wait, Spaz, let go of my blaster. Much better.' Jazz led a mass of rabbit soldiers forward towards the turtles. Already they had encountered several turtle warriors and had disposed of them with little trouble. But now they were facing an army...Jazz gave the word and the advancing army of rabbits sped forward, blasters blazing and blades swinging in anticipation.

'Fire the D-Cannon!' A massive orange beam split through the air. Currently, it was the biggest weapon they could use without blowing themselves up. The beam lanced into the rabbit army and blew a wide path of charred corpses straight through the street.

'Hahahahahahah! If they liked the D-Cannon, wait till they get a taste of my gargantuans! Launch the titans!' Devan signalled his officers. Instantaneously, large pods came hurtling into the city from high orbit, devastation buildings. Then, the pods opened and large, armoured beasts the size of a large house emerged. Devan's vicious laughter grew louder and louder until it was the only thing the turtle army could hear.

'Jeez! Look at the size of those things!' Rumbo watched with a grim face from his home on Time Mountain. He knew that the rabbits would lose. It was the way it was written. TIME himself stated this. But he could not clear his mind of the horrible visions in his head. He looked anxiously at the time stone. When the turtles had arrived, it began to glow and vibrate. He'd never seen this happen before. Despite obvious physical changes in the time stone, it's molecular structure remained the same. Pouring over his books, he found reference to such an occurance in his oldest and most sacred of all books. The Book of Time.

'Wait a second!' double checking the Book of Time over and over, his eyes widened and his throught became tight with fear.

'In order for the Time Stone to react like that, time has to be modified without the use of the stone. That mean it must be the seven missing pieces...' he glanced at the Time Stone, which had only just settled. 'The Runes of Regalia have been activated! Dear god..we're all doomed!'

The rabbit army was fighting desparetally to hold on. They hadn't even reached Devan's main forces yet. The D-Cannon, Gargantuans and his footsoldiers had already taken a huge toll on the army.

'Fall back! Everyone take cover! Spaz, is my family okay?'

Spaz finished talking on the comm. 'Lori and Dr Jones said they're all okay. The ship got away.'

'Good. We're fighting a losing battle here, and even if we don't win, we'll at least take some of them with us. CHAAAAAARRGEE!!!!!!'

'Looks as if we're safe.' Lori looked anxiously on as Dr Jones piloted the ship. Eva was huddled in the cabins with her kids.

'Looks as if we're clear. Nothing on radar.' Jones checked his controls then fastened his safety harness. 'We're clear to go! I'm lowering shields so we can make a jump for the nearst system. Engaged...'

The shuttle's engines glowed and the ship sped up. Unknown to them, a large bolt of green plasma was speeding towards he shuttle.

'Haha!' Admiral Nova Shell watched from his viewpost on the bridge. 'Do they think their primitive scanners can detect our ship! Fat chance. Fire the pulsar blaster!' He watched with a sick, twisted smile on his face as a green bolt shot towards the unshielded shuttle. The bolt connected with the engine just as the shuttle entered lightspeed. Time seemed to warp around the exploding ship as it sped through a collapsing wormhole, disintergrating.

To be continued...