View Single Post
defalcon

JCF Member

defalcon has disabled reputation

Jul 9, 2001, 03:33 AM
Okay, sorry I took so long! Chapter 4!

CHAPTER 4

'Status report.' Bilsy paced around on the bridge of his ship, the Vengeance. He looked at his twisted, mutated hand and recalled how he had come to be like this. The rabbits had blown him apart, his atoms flying in different directions. But the large amounts of heat had refused part of his body. He was a living mess and it had taken the best cybernetic enhancements just for him to be able to walk again.

'Reconstruction is nearly complete. We have had a chance to test out the new cybertronics on lord Devan's body. It is unfortunate that he suffer such an accident not long after being placed in his new body. However, he is alive and well. It will take a full 48 hours for him to completely recover use of the cybertronics.'

'Very good. Very good indeed...'

'Uh...where am I?' Jazz awoke, his head in a bandage and his body in a large cast. His head was pounding. He felt like passing out, and just before he did he was sure he had seen the somewhat distorted face of a familiar, red rabbit...

'Okay TIME! What's the deal?' Rumbo stormed through a portal, carrying a small pack of painkillers. 'I know somethings wrong. Spill it now.'

'It is the runes of time, Rumbo. The seven runes of Regalia...' Time's voice echoed around him.

'I know that. They were mentioned in the Book of Time. The, ahem, well you know. The MAIN Chapters. So what does it mean?'

'What does it mean? Have you completed reading? Surely you know what those chapters tell of. The prophecy...the end of the world...' Time's voice seemed distant and grave.

'What? There's no way! Those chapters can't be true! If not...then we're...'

'We're...?'

'Well Time, we're screwed.' Rumbo thought for a moment. Then it came to him. He had to find Talec.

'Good luck Rumbo. I have a confused Doctor to deal with...' Time's voice echoed in the distance before fading out completely.

'Wha?' Jazz awoke fully. he sat up and yelled out. A motely assortment of battle-scarred rabbits came running to his aid. Some were new faces, young yet scarred. Others seemed familiar, yet...older...

'Yes Jazz?' Jazz twisted his head as far as his neckbrace would let him. Yes, he knew who it was. Spaz. But not the Spaz he knew; it was an different Spaz. As old as him, if not older. Scars ran along his arms, and a large scar ran across his face. He was dressed in rough, worn leather and carried not his old blaster, but a sleek, black pistol.

'Where am I? What happened? I thought you were-'

'Dead?' Spaz spoke. His voice was not the comical high-pitched voice he knew, it was deeper and more rasping. 'Oh yes, I was dead Jazz. But that was in another time. All will be explained. First you must rest.' Spaz turned and walked out of the room leaving Jazz to recover from his injuries.

What has happened to Jazz? Is he dreaming? What has Rumbo so spooked? And why does he need Talec? Stay tuned!