View Single Post

JCF Member

SAMI is doing well so far

Apr 8, 2015, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowGPW View Post
Windows XP? Why the hell would you want Win XP in 2015?
My old PC still have Windows 98. Fortunately, it can't run JJ2 anymore [Long story, changed the hardwares to more low]. So if the question is "Why the hell would you wan't Win XP in 2015?" The answer is "If we can/or many people still uses Windows 95- why can't we use Windows XP?"

Also, Windows XP is the last OS where 320x240 was supported in Fullscreen if Vista doesn't support it [Never used Vista, so can't tell about it].

Monitor max refresh rate doesn't seem to affect it, as the result appears the same on both my 60hz and 75hz LCD screens. It's nowhere near unplayable tearing, in fact it's rather minimal. But it's definitely existent.

Plus appears to push my FPS all the way to around 120 in fullscreen (if it isn't lying), which is way too much and no doubt the cause of the tearing. Similar tearing happens with other games if FPS far exceeds the monitor refresh rate, even Direct3D/OpenGL rendered games.

For that I too suggest a manual FPS setting, if no Direct3D/OpenGL mode could be supported. I know it's easy for a non-techy like me to say all this, but it's just a suggestion that might enhance the JJ2 experience for future generations.
This is what I've trying to explain the whole time.