View Single Post

JCF Member

Love & Thunder has disabled reputation

Nov 10, 2020, 09:35 AM
I don't think removing HH94 is necessary. Personally, I think it's nice to have both HH94 and HH95 available on their own. No harm in it.

Otherwise, all of that sounds good to me.
My two cents on what the names of these goodies/extras should be:
  • Original 1.0 floppy disk release
  • Early 1.2a CD release
  • Unmodified 1.3 CD release

And the reasons for each are that 1.0 is favoured by speedrunners and contains the infamous APOGEE cheat, 1.2a contains a longer Tubelectric 2 and certain levels from episodes A-C are slightly different as well (harder, potentially an appealing challenge for masters of the game?), and 1.3 is there so that the unmodified 1.3 version is present.

Oh hey, two more things on the subject of goodies/extras:
First, can GOG include the comics for Jazz 1 and 2? Jazz 2 includes its original manual, but neither has their respective comic, and Jazz 1 doesn't even have a proper manual, it's just a PDF version of the TXT readme in the game's files.
Second, the OSTs for both games. GOG often include these with their games, and the Jazz 1 & 2 OSTs have previously been released (albeit with errors), so I wonder if that could also be rectified down the line? I'm sure Alexander Brandon would be interested in helping out with this in any capacity needed if GOG want to pursue it.

Fixing Jazz 1 is our focus, but if GOG are adding goodies/extras of these other versions of the game, maybe they can look into these too.

Regarding testing: I'll see if I can find the time to do my own testing too.

To recap... My understanding of the fix at the moment is this:Is that right?

(Sorry for the long post. I'm eager to make sure every detail is examined and scrutinised so we get this right! )

Last edited by Love & Thunder; Nov 10, 2020 at 09:59 AM.