View Single Post

JCF Member

Raven aka StL should make better posts

Dec 22, 2007, 09:56 AM
Level maker of the year: DarkSonic, I'd say Birdie, Blur and Snz all deserve this as well, but I believe the production lines run in favor of DS.
He released two dammed good packs, the rest did one, so... DS it is.

Level pack of the year: New Ages II, again, I'd say 1up and SS both deserve this equally, but I'm a huge fan of Snz's levels and his pack definitely had the most eye-peeling eye-candy in combination with nice game-play in most levels. For instance "Dreaming..." is one of the best levels I've seen, and that is saying something.

CTF level of the year: Dreaming...
No other level this year even comes close.
But, if I'd have to choose from R3p's list, I'd choose "Unconventional Coffee", since it is definitely the best level overall. Although "Fluid Surface Oscillator", and "Extraterrestrials" have better eye-candy and "Toxin Twister" is a nice level too, I consider game play more important than eye-candy and thus the overall quality of Coffee separates it from the rest of the pack.
FS has done it again.

Best non-ctf level of the year: Caves of the Arabic Ninja, the immense size (for a battle level) that this level provides is just creamy. Eye-candy is sweet and game-play doesn't seem to be bad.

Best tileset, or tileset conversion: Desolation, the other sets/conversions are all good too, but there aren't many tilesets quite as good as Desolation. Good job Blur.

... And musics are a load of worthless crap, when you can listen to real, good music with a program such as WMA or Winamp.