View Single Post

JCF Member

Primpy is an asset to this forumPrimpy is an asset to this forum

Jan 18, 2015, 09:59 AM
JJ2+ Suggestions

So apparently there's no specific thread for making suggestions for Jazz Jackrabbit 2+. Ugh, it's obvious why there isn't one since it was pretty much my fault because of JJ2+ thread was closed. Sorry! Well, here you go. A thread where everyone is free to suggest anything that (in their oppinion) could be a new feature of Jazz2+.

Recently a lot of ideas about new JJ2+ features popped out of my mind, but I can't remember any of them but one: Multiplayer results. Well, it's not actually mine, but I saw it on the comments of a Youtube video and I thought it's interesting and useful. After a multiplayer battle/capture the flag game finishes, on the player's screen are displayed the results of the game. Here's a picture made by me that explains what I mean better:

I couldn't find a sheet containing the specific Jazz Jackrabbit 2 letters, so I used something similar. Let's say the game ended. This thing is displayed on your screen for a few seconds so you can take a good look at the game results. Also, instead of the sudden blackout of the screen and the game telling you to press any key to proceed, the multiplayer results can let you relax a little bit after the game has ended and look at each player's progress (kills/deaths). I forgot to add in the pic something such as "Next map: XXXXXX" but is not that important after all. The background music of the multiplayer results should be this one (also the source of the idea of multiplayer results). It's relaxing, "Jazzy" and matches perfectly as a results music.

Also, server voting would also be a thing. The player should be able to suggest stuff such as "map restart", "next map" or "kick *player*" and if the other people on the server agree, they can vote up and make that happen. If the majority denies with the vote or doesn't (want to) vote at all, it won't happen. Ugh, my lack of exprimation. It huurts!

Anybody else has a suggestion? Please leave it below. I hope Violet (Saaaaaam) notices this thread and reads our suggestions.

"Floppy ears and a big butt?" - Slaz