View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Jan 14, 2016, 11:51 AM
Complementary scripting tutorials

I get the vibe that many JJ2+ script writers learned AngelScript by reading others' scripts, experimenting with their own, and referring to the scripting API when necessary. Learning through practice is a good, easy method, but it leaves many educational lacks that may slow down your coding, limit your possibilities, decrease your code's clarity, or make it difficult to expand. In this thread I intend to post short, bite-sized tutorials, each aimed to extend your knowledge about a certain scripting topic. The tutorials are generally meant be independent from each other so you can start reading from any of them you want, and if they require prior knowledge of other subjects I'll make that clear at the beginning of the tutorial in question. Notice however that these tutorials are certainly not aimed to be read by complete beginners: you are expected to possess basic scripting skills that just need some expansion and polishing. If you had never written a script of your own, you will probably not benefit from reading these. Finally, I encourage you to leave feedback, either by posting in this thread or by any other means you can reach me. Feel free to suggest topics you'd like me to cover or just say you found a post useful. If I don't feel like anybody benefits from this thread, I won't bother to continue posting in it.

Tutorials available so far:
Strings
Enums

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.

Last edited by Sir Ementaler; Feb 9, 2016 at 05:05 AM.