View Single Post

JCF Member

Seren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to allSeren is a name known to all

Oct 2, 2010, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooba View Post
The only form of regulation I'd add personally is disabling posting new threads for people with negative reputation. They could still post fine, just unable to start any new threads.
Torkell's idea about "bonuses for high rep and penalties for low rep" was half of the reasons I even started this whole thing. While as for now reputation is indeed, as EvilMike says, in a way just a "funny" feature, if it'd have any effect on "serious" features (such as posting or creating new threads) it would suck. If this number means nothing, I don't want it to decide about my privileges.

Edit: Also, a disablity to start new threads is just another reason to off-topic in the existing ones. You can already sometimes see newcomers saying that "I'm just posting here because it didn't let me create a new thread". The negrepped people could do just the same but all the time. It's not a solution.

I am an official JJ2+ programmer and this has been an official JJ2+ statement.