Thread: LMAT (February)
View Single Post

JCF Veteran

cooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of lightcooba is a glorious beacon of light

Feb 26, 2006, 01:42 AM
I can't say I'm particularly happy with the direction the tileset has shifted towards, but neither can I agree with what Violet said about the few possibilites issue. Sure, this tileset isn't as flexible as Kansas is, but that certainly doesn't mean nothing good can be made out of it.

Anyway, since two days left until February ending, we should really take a look at the tileset and consider whether some tiles should be there or not. I know that one may just not use tiles he/she dislikes, but on the other hand, such tiles might be as well spoiling the look of the tileset and overall making less people use it. So, here are the tiles I find questionable, and I want you all to state your stance on those.
EU flag/Jazz statue
These particular tiles were added between the 1st and the 2nd of February. They barely fit to the tileset back in the day they were added, and now they serve no real purpose in the current tileset theme as well.

The rock statues
These tiles actually kind of fit into the tileset theme as I see it, but unfortunately their very own quality destroys their point. We should either improve them somehow, or just delete them from the tileset.

Smaller sky thing/Waterfalls
The sky thing didn't serve much of a purpose (I wonder why have I added it in the first place) and the waterfalls look kind of ugly. I know that about 75% of the stuff is mine and I could easily delete it myself, but the other 25% is ShadowRabbit's horizontal version of my waterfall which serves little to no purpose and is even uglier as the vertical waterfalls.

Shiny and less shiny Inferno trees
I have no idea why were they added in the first place and by that they do nothing but waste tileset space (which is quite important at the moment).
And now, here's some stuff we should add in the incoming two days.
Event tiles
This is what the tileset overall lacks. Hurt events, hooks, vines for the castle part, sucker tubes, maybe some warp tiles and perhaps a water block using the sky's texture?

Slopes and a background for the cave tiles
Self explanatory.

Torches for the castle and cave part
So that we had some ways of putting some color variety in the tileset.

A roof for the castle
Like Mike said.

Last edited by cooba; Feb 26, 2006 at 02:46 AM.