View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Apr 3, 2012, 02:22 PM
Well folks, Version 1.2 is packed and ready for shipping:
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/9144485/file.html
(Mediafire seems to be down at the moment - may be my own fault, but I'll make a better mirror later.)

I have to say though, this may possibly be my last major release of this in years, and perhaps it is the last one completely.

I am a small indie game developer, and i've decided to finally work on my first true commercial title, thus I'd like to spend more time on that.

It's not that I wouldn't like working on this by any means, i've had a great time exploring Jazz 3's code, reviving some of it (Though that plan never truly took off), and building upon it, but it's just that there are some more important things I'd like to do in my life. As much as I consider myself an artist and do not care too much about payment, I'd love to work on a commercial Jazz Jackrabbit title and get paid for it - that way I could put all my attention towards it.

I must also mention that I am not exactly a true fan of Jazz Jackrabbit.

Make no mistake, I love the series, but if I ever worked on a Jazz title, I'd change a lot. Basically I feel that Jazz has an extreme potential of being something way more than a sidescroller shooter, or even a 3d platformer in an extremely limited open world environment. The idea alone that a game that might have expanded the universe got cancelled, and Epic hasn't worked on a major Jazz title ever since is simply beyond me.

Today's gaming industry has become a complete junkyard. It's full of social network based games, mobile markets are filled with horrid one-week projects that somehow turn out to be good games, and great franchises are considered those that get a new sequel every month with minor changes in graphics and maps (Yeah, I'm talking to you, CoD).

If Epic will actually create a new Jazz title, it will most likely be a washed out mobile game with some unimaginative character designs.
...Oh wait.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_ZpYxuWbcc

I wish I was actually listened to...