View Single Post

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Jul 6, 2018, 02:37 PM
My goodness, I didn't realize money was so complicated. Guess I really should have.

I was thinking about having the player accumulate coins from level to level as they go, with opportunities at various points along the way to spend those accumulated coins. For example, Player collects coins in Levels 1-5, then has opportunity to spend them at a bonus warp in Level 6. Player can then begin collecting again, including the excess they had left over from Levels 1-6, to spend coins at a Level 12 Bonus, and so on.

Upon dying, Player would keep the coins they earned in previous levels/save points, but would have to collect "unsaved" coins again.

At the Continue Screen, Player would start over with 0 coins.

If Player saves or loads from a spot in the level, then they have however many coins they saved with. Guess I'm not sure what you're asking with this but maybe I'm just missing something.

If Player skips a level they simply don't get credit for the coins in the level they skipped. Same for if levels played out of order - Player's coin credit carries over from levels if they've played them on this playthrough of the pack. If they jump in on Level 9 or Level 4 or 13 or whatever, their counter starts from that level.

If Player wins and starts again, then they start with 0 coins, as if it's a new playthrough.

One idea I had was doing a Coin reset about halfway through the pack, where the counter resets to 0. This fits well with the story and might/might not help with boondoggles. But now I'm worried if that would just complicate matters more.

Last edited by PT32; Jul 6, 2018 at 02:39 PM. Reason: better explanation derps