View Single Post

JCF Member

PT32 is an asset to this forum

Jul 24, 2018, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet CLM View Post
What you'd need to do here is find a .wav file that makes no sound at all, such as HH17_Null.wav, and use the jjSampleLoad function to replace each sound that might play in the level with that .wav file, one by one.

[...]

It should be straightforward, yes, so some more details about what it is you're doing might help. Are you sure you're running the level in JJ2+, not regular JJ2? Do you have AngelscriptDebug=True in your plus.ini file, and if so, do any error messages appear when you try to test the level?
A) How would I go about formatting the SampleLoad in my AngelScript doc? I assume it's the bool jjSampleLoad function in the AngelScript readme. Is there a specific order it needs to be in relating to other AS functions in my doc?

B) I'm running the level out of MLLE. The game is in JJ2+. I turned AngelScriptDebug on but it doesn't show any error messages - the extra layer/s simply won't display. Is there something special I'm supposed to do for an extra layer, that I wouldn't have to do for a normal layer? I guess I don't know what all the steps are for extra layer creation, so maybe I'm missing something. I assumed you just create the layer and it's supposed to show up.

IN DEVELOPMENT:
Renascence: The Last Jackrabbit