View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Sep 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
I peered over Archmage Fooruman's shoulder at whatever he was typing; it appeared to be some very convoluted computer code. "So... what are you doing?" I dared to ask.

"Chronicling. With vigor."

Alright," I said, used to this by now, and redirected my attentions to more relevant endeavors. "Fawriel, you should probably arm yourself better." I took Blackraptor's other katana off the wall and held the handle out to him.

He uneasily took it. "But Shuri... I already have a weapon," he stuttered as he brought the glistening blade around upright in front of him.

"No, Faw, what you had was a stick. It was a pointed stick, and as such can be used to kill things, but it is no more a weapon than a candlestick, a rope, or a bottle. This, on the other hand, is a weapon and with it you can make things die with much greater efficiency."

He still seemed unsure about the idea. "But why not give this to Uberbob? He doesn't even have a weapon."

"Would you give Uberbob a sword?"

"Point taken," he resigned, sticking the blade through his belt.

Next issue at hand: "Araches, heat us food." I picked up the three frozen dinners and shoved them towards her, leaving the "Former Enemies" package to examine myself. I ran a claw across the wrapping and pulled it open; Faw, curious,watched intently. Much to my disappointment, it just looked like regular meat. I still didn't particularly want to eat it.

Fawriel stared at the meat darkly. "This is philosophical," he observed. "I guess deep down, we're all meat." I had a sudden, disturbing mental image of four more packages packed into Blackraptor's freezer. Then again, maybe he had just killed some birds that were roosting in his evil layer. Yeah.. birds.