Thread: Help ^^
View Single Post

JCF Member

LittleFreak is doing well so far

Jul 21, 2004, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredD
Not a big fan of conversions. I really meant tilesets specifically made for your SP pack, but I could live with custom sets with innovative eye candy (just stay away from the default tilesets if anything). Also, an original story would be refreshing, but I'm not going to download something just because of that. What I had in mind were things like new concepts (like the flying rock) and inventive puzzles. By the way, if you're going use puzzles, please stay away from the random guessing games. I would prefer not to have to choose a random warp or something just to get to the next part of the level.
Well, I can't make my own tilesets (never tried, but I guess I'm not good in it ), so sorry. Well, for the conversion thingy, I will finish this level with Labrat's tileset, then I will probably choose an other tileset which is no conversion. I also think I won't use the default sets, because it's difficult to create original stuff with the epic sets (because there have been so many levels using them).
Original story is also a problem, I'm not a great story maker, but I'll try to have it something other than "kill some enemies, because they are enemies, then find the exit and beat the endboss". I think I will also try to make every level have it's own mission.
Those days, where nearly everything is discovered it's hard to make new concepts and stuff. Tough, I will try to make some event combinations or something, but if so I cannot guarantee the pack will be 1.23, because I probably will use the trigger zone event. Inventive puzzles? Well, I'll see what comes in mind for me, at least I'll try. I also don't like that sort of puzzles, where you have to choose the right way to survive (or something), because they aren't about thinking, you just must have luck for making it. We'll see. Thanks for you help, anyway