View Single Post

JCF Member

FoxBlitzz is doing well so far

Sep 2, 2004, 05:25 PM
Wows, this reminds me of when I rediscovered Jazz Jackrabbit.

Quite some time ago, I was over at a friend's house. He had a Windows 98 (or 95, forget which one) computer, and there were some game demoes that came with his Gravis Gamepad, most were from Epic Megagames. My friend installed the Jazz 1 demo. Once we played it, it was so cool. It was as though I couldn't get enough if it, but alas... it was only a demo.

Now, in early 2004, I was browsing GameHippo and to my surprise, they had a piece of shareware (Which is against their motto). It was Jazz Jackrabbit Holiday Hare '94! The game suddenly came back to me! I was eager to try the game again. I downloaded it onto my XP computer (My 98 computer is trashed up enough), but it wouldn't run. I tried VDMSound on the game (I don't have the full version. ) on my XP computer. Everything worked except for the sound and music, which I couldn't hear at all. Some sprites also flickered (Eg. the Devan sign masking the Jazz sign) and jittered a bit.

I used to have a Windows 98 laptop that WORKED. I used it to play the game with sound and everything. However, the music was kinda staticy and sprites still flickered and jittered a bit (But not as much as my XP machine). Then, after having so many problems, my laptop's HD just crashed on me. It could no longer load Windows, and I had to run stuff from DOS. I also couldn't run Jazz, because it said there were missing files. However, the laptop crashed a while ago, and now that's a part of history.

The reason I bought Jazz 2 (And not Jazz 1) was because it was a game that:

1. Ran perfectly under Windows XP, with sound and everything.

2. You could create levels.

3. You could play over the internet.

Now I know these games are getting real old, but I just had the urge to buy a Jazz Jackrabbit game. After buying Jazz 2, I was rather surprised to find a community still active, even after 6 years of JJ2's release.

Hehe, sorry if I bored you with the story. :P

And no, I am not Japanese.

[22:25] [AkuKitsune] monobot be useful
[22:25] [Monobot] Unable to comply.