View Single Post

JCF Member

ShakerNL is an asset to this forumShakerNL is an asset to this forum

Apr 22, 2015, 06:40 AM
Hello fellow Jazzers!

First of all, I would like to thank the dev team for this awesome plus 5.0 release. And also for the quick fix for Windows XP users.

I would like to point out some (minor) glitches that I've found while playing JJ2. (sorry if they've already been pointed out). They may be not important at all, but I wanted to note them down anyway.

1. Since servers don't always relist anymore after using certain commands, I saw CD3 with 6/16 players. When trying to join, I got an "Network Error: server is full" message. It appears that the server was full (6/6) on list2, but not full (6/16) on list1. The same counts for server names as well.

2. The JJ2 window freezes when moving the chatlogger window. Although this is something minor and unimportant, but it could get annoying if the server (player 1) needs to move his chatlogger window while someone is playing a match or whatsoever.

3. Level names are invisible most of the times. I just see a blank field where the level name should be. However, the level name is visible on the top of the JJ2 window, after clicking it first. But will remain invisible from the F9 list.

It's also not showing up in the chatlogger:
Code:
**Current level: "" - ab17ctf02.j2l
(I don't know if anyone else has this issue as well, besides Naps.)

4. Players can move over the top of levels at position -1. This can be very annoying, since people can use this glitch to cheat on levels. In example: getting better ranks at tests by skipping levels. (If this can be fixed with a mutator or anything, I'd like to know, else I have to edit about 130 levels.)

5. I used to keep wallclimbing enabled and saved it like that in plus.ini. This isn't possible with /quirks. Every time when I start JJ2, I have to activate quirks mode manually, because it won't be saved in plus.ini. It would also be cool if mutator settings could be saved that way.

6. When spaz jumps and buttstomps, but double jumps right after buttstomping, it doesn't make the double jump sound anymore. (I don't care if this won't be fixed, since it's not important, but just wanted to point it out.)

Anyway, I hope this information is useful for developers. Most glitches are probably not important enough to look at, but I would be happy if someone could do something about #4 though.