Thread: ChatLogJJ2 II
View Single Post
BæÅüMàÑ

JCF Member

BæÅüMàÑ is doing well so far

Jan 3, 2002, 12:32 PM
Talking "If you build it, They will come" (with too many ideas)

ah... u mean a bot, rage? well, this looks like it isn't going to be just a simple chat log anymore... (Note: I'd be happy to beta test... my info:
AIM: bobi9wan7k
MSN: beaumage@msn.com

- eh... i beleive someone posted above that u should color coat everything, whichi agree...
(Names = Green, Roasts = Red, Joining = Yellow, Leaving = Blue, ect ect. [or u could just feed it so that it just recieves the colors of the letters, names, ect... but that can be a pain, especially for people who have the special names which make the "roast" messages spread out real long]. I feel color coating it (custom colors, of course) would be better...

- if u did like rage said above, which would be basically making it into a bot... but i'm not sure if u want to do that much work, since as far as i know no JJ2 bot has been made (i remember one was attempted).

- Oh! Add a hide feature, which just makes it visible on the icon bar... that's always a nice feature... (or possibly, if i REALLY wanted to hide it, make it only recallable through a special key combo [i.e. Alt + 8], but i feel that's not exactly needed... justs makes it spiffy)

- If you even wanted to go farther with it... you could give the option so if the user wanted to, he/she could seperate certain things into other windows (i.e. in one window is the chat, while in the other window is roasts, or joining & entering, or possibly both!)... Then again, that's a lotta work i dunno ur laziness factor, hehehe...

- You could also make it part chat proggie, to make it more
"bot-ish", so that, one does not HAVE to play, but could just log on and chat through ur proggie (which i beleive iced mentioned earlier)

- Have the option to re-log automatically to a different log file every so many characters (i.e. Log1.txt has reached 25,000 characters, move on to Log2.txt and record), which would be helpful to reduce LOOOOOOOOOOONG log files that take about 1 min. to just load

- Have it be able to save to different formats, so that it can save the "color coated" forms of the log (i.e. .doc, .rtf, ect), which makes it very useful that way...

- IF you make it able to chat through, add a voice-2-text thingie, i believe a a plug-in for that can be found somewhere...

- More ideas later...