Thread: ChatLogJJ2 II
View Single Post

Untitled

Link is doing well so far

Jan 3, 2002, 02:17 PM
Ok...I've updated my feature list with some ideas from your comments. I have also discarded some, as they are not in the scope of my programming ability or they would just be too much work.

I think I have enough beta testers, as long as Aiko agrees to test it.

With all these new ideas, I'm starting to think that this won't be ready until February. So I'm wondering if you would like me to release a "mini" version, which only has the TSF support, the better chat capturing, and a few of the other ideas above.

Or you could just wait until the whole thing is done.

I've decided that I will use as many OCXs as I want, because they are meant to be used. It means a sooner release and less work for me. And I might even have to make my own one, for the section where text is logged.

I also want your opinion: should I keep the "cool" looking layout, or go to a normal Windows look. The cool layout is great, but it has less aesthetic flexibility (like everything needs to be rounded for it to look good, and windows elements don't come in a round variety, so it will look bad if I use them). I could still have the black and yellow color scheme though, even if I changed it to be the standard rectacngular "window".
There still remains that strange precipitate
Which has the quality to resist
Our oldest and most trusted catalyst.
It is a substance we cannot cremate
By temperatures known to our Laboratory.

~ E.J. Pratt