View Single Post

JCF Éminence Grise

Radium is an asset to this forum

Jun 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
Woah, I've been slacking off in my responding. Sorry.

I thought back to the carving on the wall. Before you move, the point is simply to face left. I knelt down and - without lifting them - pointed both crystals to the left. Nothing seemed to happen, which was both a good and bad thing: good because I wasn't injured and bad because nothing else happened. In the end, it didn't seem to be much of anything at all.
Frustrated with the worthless trapped crystals, I wandered back east and south to the campsite, snacking on some of the chips as I went. They tasted like sour cream and onion. Maybe, I thought to myself, I could find help in something else I had found earlier.
"Araches," I addressed the scantily-clad sorceress, who seemed rather annoyed with the cold, "do you know how to use tarot cards?"
The sorceress began to open her mouth but was interrupted by Fooruman. "By the seven fruity flavors! I am a MASTER at the practices of carding! Allow me, young one, to impart to you my infinite knowledge." The wizard took the deck of cards from me and proceeded to sort out all the trump cards. I sat on the ground, watching intently. He placed the remaining cards on the ground between, handing me seven and accepting seven himself. "Now madam Fawriel, look deep into your cards, concentrate with all your energies, and tell me if you are in possession of any cards numbered 'six'."
I looked at my cards. "No, no I'm not." The wizard drew another card from the deck. "Fooruman, is this Go Fish?"
"Why, you question my knowledge? Insolent Cessna!"
"Er.. right. I need to go look at this crack in the ground.. again." I said, slowly standing up and backing away, then running to the south. I left the deck of cards with Fooruman to ponder over.

"Find anything?" Shuriken asked as I returned to the campsite.
"More crystals. I presume they're trapped too." I looked at the crack under the skeleton again. It looked exactly as it did before and didn't seem to be anything useful.

For some reason I felt like asking L33tz4n if I could draw her, but couldn't help but think that would feel and sound really awkward - especially so soon after those other awkward moments. And if the drawing was ugly that would be really embarassing. Maybe later I'd try asking.

Inventory

Code:
Broken PDA Foodbars Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Bag of Chips Spear First-Aid Kit Pen and Sketchbook Lock of Foo Hair Book of Canadian Runes Blackraptor FAX Random Machine Parts Sleeping Bag Crystal