View Single Post

JCF Member

JazzGruff is an asset to this forumJazzGruff is an asset to this forum

Mar 3, 2012, 12:51 PM
Alright, I've been working on this for some time now.
There are a lot of changes made, so I won't get into all of those, but here are some of the highlights:

* The Village map has been totally rebuilt with a huge amount of details, the lake section has been completely redesigned and redone due to horrible BSP issues it caused (The whole section was just one big brush - that wasn't a good sign to begin with).
* The changelist now lists everything (Even changes in maps), and new changes are listed under the corresponding version.
* I finally figure out how to edit the camera's movement!
I haven't found everything about it yet, but I have already done a few nice touches regarding this. For instance, the camera indicates damage by moving and tilting sideways, it also bounces up and down if you land, and does it way more if you get hurt by falling. The camera's movement is kind of delayed (I faked this, but it already makes things look smoother!)
* All of the signs are their own individual actors - this does nothing at the moment, but this will help me to move the camera in front of the sign if Jazz reads it, and then back to him if he decides to make a dumb comment.

There's way more, but I'll leave that to later.
As some of you may already know, there is no way of updating Jazz3D's editor to 2.0, which can be easily done with the original Unreal/Unreal Tournament.
But yes, I have tried to kind of copy the files to that and see if it works... It didn't, but that was a LONG time ago.

I will see what I can do now that I've learned so much more. Perhaps instead of a simple 1.2 update, you guys will get a completely new, major release with the UnrealED 2.0!

I have been trying to import meshes for the past few days and I can't seem to get it to work. In fact, i've gotten to the point where it displays errors that I can't even make out. This leads me to believe that the problem may actually not be in what I'm doing, but reather with Jazz3D itself. Maybe the first release of the UnrealED had a different way of importing meshes?

Either way, once I get things set up, I'll try to copy scripts and such over to Unreal with UnrealED 2.0. If things go well, awesome stuff like the PhysX mod might actually work!