View Single Post

JCF Member

White Rabbit is doing well so far

Nov 25, 2006, 03:19 PM
I just finished reading ToU 2 and still no update.

And whatever happened to these sprites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radium
Oops, sorry, I forgot this existed. Here's the story: I started drawing new sprites, using vectors because vectors are IN. The new battle system (which is much more computer handled and Risp and I have mostly written the engine for) requires numerous sprites per character. Of course, shortly after I started on the new sprites, I had my finals which took a lot of my free time, and then I recently started my new courses. The sprites don't actually take that long to make, I just don't usually put aside enough time to work on them.
There was discussion about a sprite comic a bit earlier in the thread. If anyone's still interested, I'll release the sprites as EMF files when I'm done. EMFs can be scaled up and down to any size without loss of quality. They can be dropped into Powerpoint, Word, Photoshop (I think) and used like regular clipart.

And, just so people know what UR is talking about: Uberbob is not dead yet. The sprites will be scaled down more in the final. I haven't decided how much.

Edit: Here, play with an EMF file too. http://www.foxmage.com/Newsprite.emf
EDIT: Plothole between ToU 2 and 3...what happened to SC 3.0 and the JJ2 level? Did Shuriken ever finish playing TTR?