View Single Post

JCF Member

Treylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legendTreylina is a forum legend

Feb 5, 2017, 12:56 PM
Anniversary Bash 19

Was meant to make this last week, but here it comes a little later!

Update: I will be organising the Battle levellist, while PurpleJazz will be organising the CTF one.

We are open to suggestions too - classic, forgotten or new. Here's a list of questions I think will commonly pop up, so I will answer them:

Newbie questions;

What is the Anniversary Bash?
The Anniversary Bash is an annual public server event that celebrates JJ2s release date, every Early-mid April - lasting 4 days. A compliation of Battle and CTF levels (old and new) are hosted.
All sorts of players come together casually to ask whats up and perhaps reminisce the past. You can play seriously if you want, but don't expect to be challenged much.

How do I join?
You need the JJ2+ patch to join to make the serverlist and some other features work. It works on 1.23 and the original TSF. This upload description explains it better.

Bash related questions;

Will there be other gamemodes and mutators?
Sure! We usually do that on the 3rd and 4th day to spice things up. Keep in mind that the custom gamemodes must be compatible with the original CTF or Battle.
When's the full maplist?
When I feel there's enough levels to put together. Keep in mind, it's common a few levels get finished last-minute for the bash, so I tend to wait on the last few slots.
Is there an author level limit?
Yes, but it's as relaxed as before. Max 3 levels per gamemode per author.

Treylated (off-topic) questions

1. What about the CaB winner result? 2. What about the battle contest results? 3. Will there be another contest?
1. No, I haven't forgotten. I just keep putting it off. 2. Same thing, but I will do a quick review on each of the entries very soon (within a post). I'll find judges to determine winners more easily. 3. Not at least until the winning CaB entry is in action.

An exact bash date and server host is to be announced later.

Jazz Jackrabbit group: https://discord.gg/vZm95tQ

Last edited by Treylina; Feb 7, 2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: PJ is organising the CTF list now